Soda habits are difficult to conquer because sugar and high fructose corn syrup are addictive. However, good health absolutely depends on it! High amounts of sugar and high fructose corn syrup are known to cause widespread inflammation in the body, resulting in chronic or even fatal diseases, such as diabetes, heart and circulatory challenges, and cancer.
However, you can break free from this unhealthy habit with time and effort.
Soda isn’t an easy temptation to resist, but you can prevail!
Use these strategies to help you overcome your soda habit:
1. Evaluate your soda habit. How often do you reach for your favorite pop drink? Do you have it with every meal and snack?
2. Learn about the health risks. Studying the health risks can encourage you to stop drinking soda.
3. Start with realistic expectations. It’s easier to eliminate soda with a slower process.
4. Mix your soda with water. As you work on eliminating it completely from your diet, you can fight the soda habit by mixing it with water. This makes the drink less sugary, so your body will start to get used to drinks with a smaller amount of sugar.
5. Find tasty alternatives. It’s easier to break a soda habit if you replace it with a delicious and different drink.
6. Fight soda cravings. These cravings aren’t easy to handle, but you can work on them.
7. Avoid the usual triggers. Do you always drink soda with your favorite takeout meal? Do you buy a soda each time you go past your favorite vending machine?
You can overcome a soda habit by taking control of your lifestyle. Soon, you’ll be used to the change and feel better than you may have in years! Your body will thank you for making such a healthy decision.
#lifestyle #diet #health #wellness #functionalmedicine #healthcoach #preventivemedicine #medicine